Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Under the shade of trees

Today's Quote :
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
- Thoreau




Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

- Ancient Indian Proverb

I confess, the image quality of this post is not that good as I didn't edit it so I am apologizing for this. Actually I didn't want to edit it. For some reason, I want it to be the same as it is.
It was a rainy day and everything was in rhythm and it seemed to me as though that the trees were also in rhythm that day and were busy in a deep conversation with each other.
I was walking under the shade of these trees when I met these women on the way back to their home. I was a visitor there so I didn't want to disturb them much and just stood there under the shade of these trees watching them walked away.

Image Location: Khanewal, Pakistan.



5 comments:

Miranda Bell said...

Hi Mania - very glad to have found your blog after you kindly picked my post on Blotanical - my brother and his wife spent a number of years living in Pakistan so I often notice some of the things in your country on the news - looks like things in the north are not settled at the moment - obviously I don't know where you live but you really do have a beautiful country. I loved the photo despite what you wrote - will visit this blog again... Miranda

debsgarden said...

Your photo is beautiful. I, too, am a lover of trees! I am grieved when they are cut carelessly. You have some wonderful quotes and evocative images on your blog. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

hazeltree said...

pleased to meet you, would be keen to hear you write on ragas,keep in touch...

Stone Art said...

indeed an important message in that Proverb

ashfaqueshah said...

GOOD POST ,THANKS FOR SHARING

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers