Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shape of a citrus tree

The alphabet "P" or the number four in opposite direction?



I like this shape of a small citrus tree. Its density and the openness of its branching in this unique and rather abstract way is quite appealing to me.

Shape and structure is the most dominant feature of a tree at any time of a year, so sometimes I have this feeling that trees actually communicates with us through the shapes they attain rather than the leaves they grow.

So what do you think, is it the alphabet "P" or the number four in opposite direction?

8 comments:

J.J. Cedar Glader said...

I think it's a number four from the other direction, and the branches also number four, so this tree has said "four" or possibly "eight".

I have thought that trees communicate
with the exact shape and placement of their branches with each species having its own language,that others in that same species can detect one of their own in the forest, But more communication between all things in the ground at the roots and mycelium is quite a reality.

Sophia said...

Hello my beautiful friend.

I see a dancer or ballerina dancing to the tune of life.

JGH said...

Something about this tree reminds me of human legs upside-down! But yes, it does look like a P.

I've always loved drawing trees. Why do you think that is?

pdxlisa said...

Hi,

I LOVE your photos, especially the pomegranate. Thanks for taking a look and commenting on my humble blog.

Regards, Lisa

Muhammad khabbab said...

The tree is in deep thoughts putting his elbow in air with hands scratching his head. It is always a pleasure visiting your blog.

Christine B. said...

I vote for the letter P. All is revealed in winter, as far as tree structure here in Alaska. Haven't seen any "P's" or "4's" around yet though.

Christine

leavesnbloom said...

When I look at your tree it reminds me of a large stag with its antlers

mania said...

Thanks all for your honest and sincere comments about this tree. And sorry for the late reply, I was busy in my sister's wedding. Love.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers