Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

There is a tree I never walk under...

"As I age
in the world it will rise and spread,
and be for this place horizon
and orison, the voice of its winds.
I have made myself a dream to dream
of its rising, that has gentled my nights.
Let me desire and wish well the life
these trees may live when I
no longer rise in the mornings
to be pleased with the green of them
shining, and their shadows on the ground,
and the sound of the wind in them."
- Wendell Berry, Planting Trees








There is a tree in my home garden I never walk under but I love to see its white flowers blooming in the winter season. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of this tree but they say, the flowers are edible.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Hi Mania, can you tell me why you do not walk under this tree?

mania said...

Its like a wonderful tall tree amid so many flowers..so its not an easy thing to walk under its shade while the flowers and other shrubs are all around it.

Arati said...

it looks like an orchid tree - maybe the snowy white dwarf orchid

birdy said...

I think it's Kachnar (botanical name: Bauhinia tormentosa).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers