Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Keep a green tree in your heart

Today's quote,
"Just think of the trees: they let the birds perch and fly, with no intention to
call them when they come and no longing for their return when they fly away.
If people's hearts can be like the trees, they will not be off the Way."
- Langya





A Chinese proverb goes like this,
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"

Considering it in my mind, I decided to keep a green tree close to my heart. And waited earnestly for a singing bird to come in.
But lo! what happened.
Inspite of craving for a singing bird, a pair of crows robbed my heart!

Recently I have heard a fact about crows, they say
"A group of crows is called a murder."

Thanks to God, they are only two of them! I am bless.

5 comments:

Sadia Hussain said...

You are so right Mania , we all should keep a green tree in our hearts ! the singing birds will follow the crows, after all this is what life is all about !
A very reflective blog!
Take care and keep posting.

mania said...

Hey do you know, crows are always present where sparrows and other birds are in abundance. Its a true fact.

No doubt, there are also other birds in my garden but residing in other trees. Not this one.

Sophia said...

The quote from Langya makes a lot of sense. This is what Love is. Anything else is attachment.

Mania, your inner beauty shines through in the things you write about. I see a lot of your heart when you write about trees and even the crows.

mania said...

I agree on your views about the above quote.

Love is intense. A mystic poet of Punjab has rightly said about love. Love make us pure from both inside out.

"The blossoming of love is strange and wondrous!
When I acquired the knowledge of love,
I dreaded the mosque.
I fled to my Lords dwelling,
Where a thousand sounds reverberate.

When love revealed its mystery to me,
The parroted words vanished. Inside and out, I was cleansed.
I saw my Beloved wherever I looked."

Last but not least, Thank you for your precious words that you have used for me, I am not st all used to of such admiration. You made me blush like a child. Sharing Love.

Jimmy said...

Nice blog thanks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers