Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dirt, trees, leaves and feathers

Today's Quote:
"Though a tree grows so high, the falling leaves return to the root."
Malay proverb

There lies a mango tree in a small corner of my backyard which provides shade not only for us but for all the birds that visited it.
This corner happens to be a favorite spot for the birds. Mainly because there is a grapevine just side by side with a mango tree where they like to spend most of their time. As this place remains undisturbed by us so it is also serve as a good hiding place for them.

I was planning to post these photos after my exams on November but love for trees grows stronger and stronger and finally I came out of my room in the wonderland of nature.
Today, I spent my afternoon under the shade of a mango tree and was surprise to discover the small wonders of nature under it.Sharing some photos...

... of leaves of mango tree and grapevines...


Some more grapevines leaves...I love the way they grab it...

...

The wall is already occupied so this vine decided to land on the ground...


These dead leaves reminds me of the Autumn, not so far away...

And then I found an eggshell under a tree ...


Just think, why this place is good for hiding things...

tree trunk just give it away...

Dirt, some feathers and fallen leaves...



No doubt, termites have done their job very well ...


A bee hive on the grape vines...


Now comes a pomegranate tree...with lots of pomegranates...


and citrus...

".... if I wanted to have a happy garden,I must ally myself with my soil; study and help it to the utmost, untiringly. .... Always, the soil must come first."
- Marion Cran, If I Where Beginning Again

3 comments:

Sylvana said...

Oooo, those pomegranate flowers and fruit are so beautiful! I've only seen the ripe fruit in the store. What a treat to see these photos!

And mangoes... I wish I could have a mango tree. They are one of my very favorite fruits.

mania said...

Its still summer up here and the pomegranates trees in my backyard are still blooming with flowers and fruits.

Sophia said...

I like how you pay attention to things that most would not see, like the little egg shell and the feather by the dust of the earth. You are so aware.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers