Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Life goes on


Welcome life
or struggle against it.
Life goes on.

Its good to see visitors in my blog though I am not blogging for a long while. Its just, it has to happen.
I just cut off from the cyber world.
But soon will come back,
on a regular basis.

Join the caraven,
or stand by the wayside.
Life goes on.

If you are a South Asian then you are well aware of the peepal tree, the tree of life and how friendly it is to our environment. There is a peepal tree some distances away from my home and its very sight is breath taking. And it should be because there is eagle's nest and a honey bee hive resting on some of its branches. Giving life to it and taking shelter from it.

Seeds sprout,
and new growth emerges.
Life goes on.

A little tree in a small pot is a wonderful idea. Small huge trees looks pretty. And this photo of bonsai peepal tree is prettier. Its fascinating. I like the way roots have shaped itself.Bonsai is an art of shrinking healthy trees into miniaturised dwarfs by growing them in containers.

Container-grown plants, including trees and many other kinds of plants, have a history stretching back at least to the early times of Egyptian culture. Pictorial records from around 4000 BC show trees growing in containers cut into rock. Pharaoh Ramesses III donated gardens consisting of potted olives, date palms, and other plants to hundreds of temples. Pre-Common-Era India used container-grown trees for medicine and food. The word penzai first appeared in writing in China.‘Bonsai’ is a Japanese pronunciation of the earlier Chinese term penzai.

I like this idea of dewarfing trees. Atleast in this way, I can bring my favourite peepal tree which is huge and mighty in my room as a bonsai tree for sure . No need to go outside for seeing it.

Step by step,
frm darkness to light,
Life goes on.

I found some websites of bonsai trees from India for your interest,
Bonsai India
A free site dedicated to fostering interest in bonsai in India.

PARAG MEHTA'S BONSAI CREATION

3 comments:

Crowscious said...

I love bonsais! Some people think its cruel to deprive a tree of it's height and majesty, but hey, its jus a minature, esp cuz it does not feel pain. I've always wanted to get started and now i know how. thanks!

Amias said...

Oh my I love this blog .. I LOVE Bonsais! Will be back to visit some more soon.

Thanks for dropping in at my place!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers