Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I am the One whom I love

I am the One whom I love

"I am the One whom I love, and the One whom I love is myself.
We are two souls incarnated in one body;
if you see me, you see Him,
if you see Him, you see us."

Mansur al-Hallaj known to us as the Persian writer and he is one of the more controversial figures of Sufism. His full name was Abu al-Mughith al-Husayn ibn Mansur al-Hallaj.The name al-Hallaj means "wool carder," probably a reference to his family's traditional occupation.

Orthodox religious authorities took offense at his poetry and teachings, particularly the line in one of his great poems "Ana 'l-Haqq," which translates as "I am the Real," but can also be translated as "I am the Truth" or "I am God." Al-Haqq is one of the Ninety Nine Names of Allah. He was condemned by a council of theologians, imprisoned for nine years, and eventually put to death.

Reference:



Poetry Chaikhana
Sacred Poetry from Around the World


This Poem is taken from poetry chaikhanna.

Mansur al-Hallaj biography


Mansur Al-Hallaj from wikkipedia

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Earth's Echo's Fan Box

Followers